Well I waited to write this in hopes to have more of a positive attitude about everything. This week has been really hard on all of us. Especially poor Carson though. On Monday we had the scan done on Carson. First they put in an IV and had to hydrate him for an hour. He was such a trooper and didn't even cry when the put in the IV. It took me everything not to cry for him. He was more frustrated with his arm being taped down. After an hour they put in his catheter. Which was a little more traumatic for all of us. Then the poor baby has to lay still for an hour. Thank God he fell asleep. This scan ended up taken pretty much the whole day by the time it was all said and done with.
On my way to pick up Kaylee from a friend's house, I received a call from the hospital that we needed to come the next day to re-do the scan because they needed to confirm something they were seeing. Needless to say I was scared to death. I had to call the urologist to cancel my Tuesday morning follow up appointment and was given some relief from the nurse who was puzzled why they would make us come back and told me if it was something serious they would have contacted the doctor. After Charles spoke with someone else we realized this was something done wrong on the testing not with Carson. Thank God, but still very upset to have to redo this procedure.
The next day we went about our day planning to get to the hospital around 2pm to redo the scan. While changing Carson's diaper I noticed some blood in his diaper. This concerned me and I wanted to make sure it wasn't something serious. The scan got delayed and the pediatrician wanted to see him first thing Wednesday morning. They were concerned it may be a possible protein intolerance. I was told to stay off of dairy for the rest of the day (ha, anyone who knows me knows how hard this was for me). I was also so upset at the thought of him not being about to get the tons of breast milk I have been pumping and saving. They did not think the blood in the stool was related to the scan.
Today we went to the pediatrician to see what was causing the bleeding. Needless to say we don't really know why it happened but there was no blood today and we are having to watch him carefully for any other signs and make sure there is no more blood. By the time we got done with the pediatrician I was done with doctors for the day. We still need to reschedule the scan but I just didn't have it in me to call today. I am hoping to get some more answers about the scan and then schedule to re-do it as soon as I am absolutely sure we have to. I really don't want to have to put him through all that again.
Prayers please for all of us. It has been a hard week. I am trying to give it all to God and I feel like more keeps piling on. I feel like my check list is growing and nothing is getting checked off. I just pray everyday for us to get through all of Carson's health issues. I hate that he has to go through so much. I will be so happy the day he gets a clean bill of health.